Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Communications Solution

Since some of you may be interested in the conversations about working with Eric, I have decided to answer questions and address suggestions in the comments section of the blog. Private email is great but then I would have to post it to the blog so please feel free to comment and I will respond to the post.

1 comment:

Val said...

I can't send email anyway! There are or were half a dozen themes in the Working Designs part of C & G and they went from Art and Architecture to Living Forms to Man-made Structures. I say were as the syllabus has changed recently. I would tell the students to find pictures and objects/things that interested them in their chosen subject and then take a part of something and work it in as many different ways as possible going through colour, texture, shape, pattern, line and form. Then take one or two of the things that come up and start thinking about repeats, balance, space, etc. Its amazing how this frees the mind and takes away built in comfort zones. I just wanted to share!

Blog Archive