Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Already Better

Thanks so much to everyone for the encouraging words....lifted my spirits. Haven't even worked a single day but had lots of fun with Velda and Judy. Of course, the purchase of new shoes didn't hurt my blahs in the least.

Think I was just so focused on the small stuff and not getting enough downtime to recover...but thanks to all of you and just getting away from it all....well, back to my old self. Lecture tomorrow and then classes. Have a day off before I go home so will get to do some surface design on the new pieces.

As much as I love being home, the tension was so thick that I was drowning in it. Maybe it is just the dolldrums of August, but hopefully on the other side. Going to bed early and read...what a treat. Picked up The Constant Gardener, Deception Point and need to finish the current read, The Great Influenza...fascinating and scary.

Pictures from class on the way.....and again, your commments were like a soothing balm.

2 comments:

Debra said...

You have a day off??!! In Sacremento???

Can I come up and say hello???

Deb R said...

No cheesecake for Gabrielle?

LOVE the shoes! YUM!!

Blog Archive