Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Frustration par Execellence

What started as a great day ending up down the tubes. First part good, got caught up on paper work, ready several blogs, and had a massage to prepare for Sacramento. All good, no? Came home floating on a cloud since all of yesterday was spent burning dvd's only to have my glorious Epson R800 breakdown for the second time since June . Enought already. This is the second printer they sent me. The first was totally broken when it arrived.....second came and had hardware problems. I give up.

Immediately called a professional printer supply house and tomorrow and robotic printer will be in my world. So while waiting and twiddling my thumbs, thought I would post some of the things, I love....mostly blue glass which is overtaking the entire house....and of course, Busby, the studio cat.

Then it struck me why waste time with all this fun when I could be doing my Simple Still Life. Now I am not the best at Photoshop but I am learning. Wanted to do a very impressionist style so I liquified, filtered, sharpened, altered color and you can see the results below. Actually, I love it.....maybe I should give up quiltmaking and just do painting or Photoshop....nah....too large a stash.

My darling daughter in law, Kelly, came over about 5 pm and we hit the market packet fast and furious. What an incredible designer she is and she may get to go to market with me....woo hoo! We will have some fun. Still keeping my fingers crossed they find a spot for me at this late date but at least, I will be ready for spring market if I miss this one.

Word to the wise...don't start collecting...pretty soon the stuff owns you not the other way around. Finally go the post finished....hope you enjoyed the pics.

No comments:

Blog Archive