Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Home Again... Giggity, Gig

Thaks for all the help on posting a new picture. Managed to get it done with no problems. You will wonder why I chose the picture when you see it....but it is just a glimpse of how glamourous the traveling life can be.

Now for the latest update on market. I got in...ya hoo...I think. Seriously folks, this is the right move..just to test the water, you need to do 3 trade shows so my expectations are on the right track...not going to get tons of orders but hope for a respectable amount...or even to get noticed at all. Kelly, mother of my twin grandkidlets, is going with me. She is perfect...not only is she my graphic designer and editor so she understands the product....but she is also a Leo with that great outgoing personality. Problem of working both alone solved.

Now how to decorate booth to attract customers. My first idea is to go to Kinko's, hoping the good karma holds out, a have each of the covers enlarged to poster size. They are beautiful small...here's hoping they translate to large. Next will be to hang a few quilts...that oughta get their attention. All the rest is business stuff, enough brochures, order forms, show specials and sample spree.

Kelly has never experienced this side of the business so I hope she will enjoy it. Having worked for other booths, I know we will be exhausted every day....but hey, life is about taking risk....and for me this is a big one. Wish us luck.

On the exercise front, gotta hit the erg machine every day until next gig in Sept. Can't have me not looking cute at market....would someone just come sew my lips shut so nothing but liquid can pass through. Can't believe I worked so hard to get here and am watching it slip away rapidly.

No new art, but lots of sketches from the time in California....hopefully someday I will be able to make a quilt again...sigh.

2 comments:

Val said...

Gabrielle I'm so pleased for you and I'm sure you will be a great success. What actually are you promoting? I got a bit lost here. Sorry!

Karoda said...

Congratulations! You and Kelly will sell the booth clean!

Blog Archive