Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Excitement and Playing the Meme

Tingle, tingle...counting the hours...lucky girl that I am getting to have lunch with Deb

Plan on lots of dishing, eating some great food and talking art and blogs. What a perfect way to end being on the road....more later. I know you will be waiting with bated breath, perhaps, we should record our time together and clip it in on audio.....with proper deletions, of course.

As to the playing meme, the latest meme going around is about things you didn't like as a teenager, do like now, etc. So to keep me busy while waiting for Deb, I'll play. Along with others, I won't tag anyone but it's kinda fun so give it a try.

10 Things I liked as a teenager but don't like now:
1. Bad boys, was a real sucker for that type
2. Breakfast food of any type...ugh, the thought of eating as soon as you wake up
3. Working to be popular
4. Penny loafers and bobby socks
5. Putting peanuts inside cokes
6. Spending hours talking on the phone
7. Bobbie Brooks outfits
8. Cartoons
9. Being naive about the world
10.Dreaming about finding the perfect guy

10 Things I didn't like as a teenager but do like now:
1. Being alone with time to do what I want
2. Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower
3. Breakfast
4. An occasional cosmo, didn't drink as a teenager
5. Driving fast...oops
6. Not having to ask permission to do whatever I want
7. Sewing...hated home ec
8. Knitting
9. Exercise
10. The Beatles....their early stuff sucked until Rubber Soul

10 Things I have never liked and probably never will:
1. Prejudice
2. Violence
3. War
4. Cleaning house...mundane but there it is
5. Being around a bunch of drunks...worked as a bartender while in college
6. Passive-agressive behavior
7. Ugly shoes
8. Having to watch what I say to keep the peace, ya know what I mean
9. Not taking responsibility for your own behavior
10. Keeping a budget

10 Things I have always liked and probably always will:
1. Ice cream, even though I can't eat it anymore
2. Beautiful sunrise and sunset
3. Long intellectual disscussions that probably lead no where
4. Yoga
5. Cooking a fabulous meal, although this doesn't happen much with only two of us
6. '60's rock and roll...saw the Who, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Jethro Tull and Eric Clapton all within the last five years
7. Cute shoes
8. Fresh cut flowers
9. Ronnie, although he is new to the list...only been around for 25 years
10. My kidlets and their families....also new but getting older

Harder than I thought...give it a try..now to get ready for Deb.

No comments:

Blog Archive