Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

On my Way to Sacramento

But in the meantime, had to get a new printer for the dvd's...bit the bullet and bought a professional printer...no regrets. Did 150 dvd's in a couple of hours with little or no help from me. So with all this free time, decided to add a few new decorations to the studio....no sewing....just stuff to inspire me. Added some bad pictures of the brochure Kelly designed for me....wish you could see it in person....too gorgeous....my apologies for the bad photos.

Sent of the packet to market with brochure, sample dvd and letter of recommendation. Keep your fingers crossed for me. This shouldn't be bothering me at all....either you get in or you don't. However, this has me in a dither. Now for those of you who know me this is not my usual state. Most people would describe be as fairly laid back, yet intense about the work.....opinionated but willing to listen and extroverted in public while reclusive at home. This sounds like a terrible neurosis.....but it's been working for years so why change. Which is why my stress/worry over market is a surprise to me. Hope they let me know soon so I can breathe a sigh of relief either way.

On a lighter note, wow! our artful quilters ring is growing by leaps and bounds. Way to go Diane....what a great idea....and now you have brought us all together with our wide variety of styles and interests and family lives. Thank you.

No art going on in Gabrielle's studio....just packing for a hot Sacramento....packing dvd's and trying lose a few more of the five pounds that somehow krept on since March. Just wait until this trip is over.....chaining myself to the studio.

Sidebar: Wonder how George likes driving pass all the protestors on his way to the ranch. To Ms. Sheehan, my heart aches for your loss but I am so proud of your strength. We are lucky our son came home....here's hoping every mother's son or daughter comes home soon.

No comments:

Blog Archive