Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Feeling arty

After all my whining, got busy yesterday and prepared the tryptich for basting. This is the easy part...now comes the quilting but at least, I won't feel trapped in the office. I am a slow at basting; as a matter of fact, I am slow at everything, so this will probably take a couple of days.....but whee! quiltmaking in the future. I am practically gloating at the progress but know better...something can always go wrong. Like the kidlets, need mom for something; Ronnie wants to talk to me ( we communicate far too much.) My secret for a happy marriage is to say as little as possible only when necessary...lol.

The painted piece is going on the back burner for awhile. Realized I want to work on the leaf and abstract combo. Already know what the painted piece will look like but don't have a clue as to the other piece....so more fun playing around with fabric.

Gotta get as much done today as possible....tonight is Kelly night and business must prevail. Still think this was a good idea just had no idea how much work and money was involved....why didn't you stop me before it was to late. Still the experience will be great and it never hurts to learn new things...I think.

On the home front, it is still summer here 90's and 100's in the day. You could cook a roast in your car. Luckily my new landscaping got a good start before the heat wave. So I don't want to hear any wonderful stories about how autumn is on the way. We have to wait until late Sept early Oct for any break in the heat. Which reminds me, all of you going to Houston be prepared for anything. It can be very hot or monsoon season, raining every day....wake up in a new world every day.
Off to baste.

No comments:

Blog Archive