Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Favorite Room and Visualization

Our fearless leader Diane asked us which room in our house was our favorite and why?
Well, of course, the obvious answer would be one's studio. But just to put a different spin on things: my favorite room in the house is when I walk through the door schlepping luggage from a teaching trip and see my "great room." You know that lovely combination of living room, dining room and a view into the kitchen....where you can see the dirty dishes. There is something so comforting about walking back into my own space. Naturally, I love my studio but I do art in every room. I don't sit in the studio and hand applique and hand quilt. I don't sit in the studio and sketch. All of these things I do in whatever room I am in when the muse strikes. So I cop out, Diane....not one room but many.
Now for something completely different, I have gotten back into visualization, verbal or silent. It is amazing the things we manifest through our thought and words. One of my old and corrected verbals was, " I am going to get this done even if it kills me." Whoa, doggies....not exactly what I want the universe to be hearing. Corrected that one ages ago, but have been thinking about how important it is to actually say out aloud, not necessarily to anyone, what your goals, dreams, intentions are. Journaling/blogging is also good for this; but sound is a very powerful thing. The vibrations carry thought forms and manifest in a multitude of ways.....so I challenge all y'all to pick one thing to work on for the next week or so. Here's mine: " I have all the time I need to create the work I desire."
Keep me posted on how this works for you....and I will let you know how things are going for me.
Remember to say it out loud if to no one but yourself.

1 comment:

Melody Johnson said...

Darling I am so glad you blog. I love seeing into your thoughts. I love that positive concept of saying the things which you dream of attaining. I am a verbal processor and that is so up my alley.
I am visualizing walking up to the stage and receiving my award at Paducah Tuesday night. Against all odds, someone will think my quilt deserves more than an Honorable Mention. I just have to let go of that MAQF snub.

Blog Archive