Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Friday, April 29, 2005

More Than I Wanted to Know

So I went to the find your Inner European site since it was rolling through our blogs.....and found several other tests. However, be warned you might just discover more than you wanted to know. I won't bother to paste in the icons but I am a 32 year old French anti-social. Good news; bad news. Getting back to 32 seems like a positive and being French works for me...it is the anti-social part that gives me pause. All the years floating through life thinking I was charming and witty...only to discover I am Tony Soprano............a dark day.
What me worry? Nope, I am sewing, making a meat loaf and packing to go to the Out of Heart and Hand Retreat in Cambria, CA. Surely, my anti-social self will be good and not whack one of my students for saying the wrong thing. At least, even though I am anti-social according to the test, I seem to have everyone fooled into thinking I am normal. There are several other tests you can take but thought I better quit while I was ahead.....sheesh, things could get really grim.
On a lighter note, being in the studio this week has been the best....now I remember why I started all this. Just touching the fabric, let alone getting something made from it...wow..what a lucky bunch we are. To have found the thing we love and to be obsessed by it....whoops that probably is an anti-social thought.
See you in Cambria with pictures of the retreat.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I also spent some time wandering at the same site. I know now that I'm somewhat normal. Who thinks this stuff up? They must have way more time on their hands than I do.LOL

Lisa said...

My decidely anti-social son was perceived as normally normal, Go figure...

PaMdora said...

Hi Gabrielle, I found out I'm Spanish! Maybe it was the late nights drinking beer in pubs with close friends? Anyway, I like Tony Soprano, he's much more interesting than Rebecca from Sunnybrook Farms. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Looking forward to seeing your traveling and retreat photos as always!

Blog Archive