Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Week's Work


Chris, acting like a film director

This has been a busy week that finally got productive. The challenge quilt is about two days from being finished....with quilting until midnight every night. Gosh, do my fingers hurt..suffering for my art. The best news is the new DVD is being edited. Chris came yesterday, did all the set up and we shot the entire DVD today. Started work about noon and finished at 6:30 p.m. When you have a great cameraman/director, you have to learn to work fast. Of course, I forgot to mention the story board we brainstormed last night to make the shoot go well.
We delivered the tape at 7:30 to Kelly for editing.....so the release date should be in May. Keep your fingers crossed on that one. Editing is the hard part....smooth flow....good cut aways...takes a great eye....go Kelly. Not only is she stuck with the editing but also has to design the cover art and the label. This will mean big gifts to a very talented chicka.....who just happens to be the loving mom of Collin and Cyrus. Take note of grandma's first solo babysitting with the twins.
Hey that was nothing compared to the filming. Chris actually had me make 15, count them 15, wardrobe changes before he was satisfied with the way I looked. Then we had to set the lighting so I looked fabulous......is there any other way.
My thanks to his wonderful wife, Jillaine, for taking him away from home to do this. He is on a 30 day leave ending 27 April. Havng just returned from Baghdad, I hated to take him away from his family but he wanted to do the camera work. Our other big news is Jillaine had her sonogram yesterday and we are having another little boy...see I told you we were working on number 8.
So all in all, even though the quilt is still in the works...I have no food in the house...I need to do laundry so I can go to Paducah....life is good. Will keep you posted on the release date of the new DVD.....also Craig is doing a rework on the website so stay tuned for that....and in my spare time???Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

Ahh! Life in the fast lane as a fiber artist!! Those babies are adorable. I regret that I do not live closer to mine. Here is your to do list for today: breathe in and breathe out!!

Blog Archive