Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005


Right after dropping my camera
So I promised to leave the ladies nameless, but this is the moment right after they dropped my new Sony Cybershot camera on the floor......no biggie, obviously it still works because I took their picture. Because they have been working so hard, I asked the class if they would like to go to dinner...and we had a great time...and good food..two cosmos and lamb with pine nuts and spinach...yum.
Yesterday's homework was to pick your favorite artist and describe what their work evokes in you. They came up with great answers...and then my question to them was why aren't you applying that to your work? Interesting, no?
We have another exciting exercise for today.....the saga continues. We are having too much fun and getting loads of work done.Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Dave Roberts said...

At least your camera still works after it being dropped... last one I dropped, the little screen at the back cracked and suddenly became unusuable...
Keep up the blogging and the picture taking :)

Blog Archive