Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

On the Way to Pacific Grove

Stella and I are sitting in the Casa Mundras Motel in beautiful Monterey, CA. The weather last week was in the 80"s, of course, now since we are all arriving for the seminar, the forcast is for a week in the 60's with rain.....typical. Last night, Jane Sassaman, Louisa Smith and I went to dinner at Zocola..yum! Today we are going to do the sites in Pacific Grove before signing in at Asilomar at 3 p.m. I am sure there will be food involved and promise some pictures by tomorrow.
Thank you all for your comments on yesterday's post. Occasionally, I lose control between brain and fingers and have to write what's in my temporal lobe. I do try to contol myself but things boil up and overflow.
So here we go for a week of creativity, design and quiltmaking....it's a tough job but someone, yada, yada. More later.
May the spirit of balance and understanding flow through all our lives.

1 comment:

PaMdora said...

I've stayed at that hotel during a family reunion. If you have time, go to the aquarium and see the jelly fish. That will really give you some inspiration!

Blog Archive