Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Working Again


I swear all I bought at Paducah

Got home yesterday around 5:30 so jazzed to start a new quilt that by 9:30 I had the design ready and the little bit of fabric on the wall. Don't panic there will be reverse applique vein lines and lots of surface design on the leaves.....can't have them looking like big lumps of nothing. Paducah was great except the last two days were way too cold...but look at how little money I spent. What a good girl...pat on back. Mostly the whole experience just made me want to make quilts and so with a week home let's see how far I get.
Big news is that the new update on my website is finished...drop by if you get a chance. You can reach it one of two ways: www.gabrielleswain.com or www.handapplique.com
The other big news is the new DVD will be available on 31 May. Even though it feels as if I haven't gotten much done this year...things are looking up. Home until May 1st ought to give me just enough time to get into the quilt. I absolutely can't wait to get needle in hand. Off to the studio.
Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Karoda said...

Well when you get the 'right stuff' you don't need a 'lof of stuff' (right???? ummm, yeah, right!) I'm waiting for my tax return so that I can order the applique dvd as well as a bunch of other stuff. What is you new dvd on? I don't remember. I can do reverse applique turning better than on top...I have all those jaggered edges...I don't know why, it would appear different but it does.

Blog Archive